Smiths Detection (“Smiths”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We will maintain the privacy of and protect your personal information in accordance with Smiths’ normal procedures and all applicable law. Please read the following policy to understand how we will treat your personal information when you use our website (the “Website”).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
There are two ways we may collect and use information about you:
1.Information you voluntarily provide
Smiths collects the information you voluntarily provide when you use the Website, for example, the information you provide when you sign up to receive Email Alerts, when you ask us a question or email us with feedback, or maybe when you complete a survey. Some of this information will be personal information and Smiths will only use it for the purposes for which you provide it. For example, if you provide your email address when you sign up to receive Email Alerts, we use your email address to deliver the Email Alerts you request. Note that the Email Alerts contain an “unsubscribe” option in case you want to discontinue receiving the alerts at any time.
2. Information sent to us by your web browser
Transfer of Personal Information
Sharing and Retaining Personal Information
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties to: comply with the law or regulatory authorities, enforce or apply our terms of business, protect our rights and those of our users, or with your consent. In such cases we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
Smiths may also share your personal information with third parties we hire to perform support services for us. There third parties are required to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to treat your personal information as strictly confidential.
Smiths retains the personal information collected on the Website only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or as permitted by applicable law.
Our goal is to provide you with the best possible experience on the Website.
Access to Special Content and Services
Some areas and content on the Website, such as Smiths’ Email Alerts require you to register with Smiths in order to access. If you choose not to register and provide personal information, you may still use most of the Website. For Email Alerts, customer information may be changed by the registered user at any time by accessing the Smiths’ Email Alerts section of the Website.
All the data we collect from you on the Website is protected against unauthorized access. We maintain appropriate security measures and procedures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you on the Website. We will not be responsible for breaches of our security beyond our reasonable control.
Links to Third Party Sites
We strive to ensure that the information we maintain about our visitors is accurate, current and complete. If you have any questions regarding this policy or if you wish to review, update or correct your personal information, we can be contacted by mail or phone as follows:
Smiths Detection Limited
1 Sheldon Square
London W2 6TT
T: +44 (0)203 549 3820
Notification of Changes
Smiths Detection Limited is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998
- The information available on this site and those of all sites linked to this site is provided solely for information purposes regarding Smiths Detection Limited and its subsidiary companies and the products and services they offer.
- Smiths Detection Limited makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information and material provided at this site is accurate at the time of inclusion, but at any particular time there may be inaccuracies, omissions or information which is not up to date. Smiths Detection Limited may at any time add to, delete, correct or otherwise change any part of the information or material contained in the site without notice or liability.
- In visiting this site you agree to accept the application of English law to govern matters between Smiths Detection Limited and yourself.
- Smiths Detection Limited makes no representations about the materials or information in this site or any sites linked to this site. With respect to the information available on this site Smiths Detection Limited expressly excludes any representation or warranty (express or implied) to the fullest extent permitted by law. Smiths Detection Limited accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages, or any lost profits, or other losses or damages of any kind, whether or not Smiths Detection Limited is advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The information contained in this site does not constitute an offer to sell or an invitation to purchase or otherwise deal in, or hold, any shares or other securities of Smiths Detection Limited and should not be relied upon in relation to any investment decision.
- The copyright in the material contained in this site belongs to Smiths Detection Limited or its subsidiaries (or its licensors).
- Any information provided by you to Smiths Detection Limited by e-mail or otherwise in response to this site shall be non-confidential. Smiths Detection Limited shall have all rights to the information provided and may use it in any way it chooses.